Join The Team
Become a part of the MD family.
We're always looking for great people. If you're smart, a hard worker, have a passion for making clients happy, provide exceptional customer service, and always demonstrate great attention to detail, we want to talk to you.
Take a look below and see if there is a fit for you.
Small Company :: Big Business
We may be a small company, but we do big business. We provide design, prototyping, and machine services for many Fortune 500 companies. We also design and manufacture small, one-off projects for small to mid-size businesses. While our work varies, the quality of our work does not.
We recently built, and moved into a new facility, which provides an ideal environment to work productively and grow. See what else we offer below, or check out our current open positions.
Share Your Ideas
Dedicated To Work/Life Balance
No Corporate Uniforms
CNC Machinist (MD-125)
MD Design & Automation is a precision, machining and job shop located in West Bend. We offer a wide range of design & automation services nationwide to the U.S, Canada, Europe and South America. The variety of work is endless and so are the types of jobs you will encounter in a typical week. We have an immediate opening for a highly motivated individual to join our CNC Machining department on first shift.
Under the supervision of the working foreman, the machinist will have the following responsibilities and possess these requirements:
- Read complex prints
- Possess mathematical skills to add, subtract, multiply and divide fractions and/or decimals.
- Experience in imperial and metric systems is critical
- Set-up the machine and select tooling on a job-to-job basis
- Select, load and edit programs as needed
- Understand chip loads, speed and feed rates to maximize tooling efficiency
- Follow job routings and inspection procedures
- Demonstrate proficiency with measuring tools, such as calipers and micrometers
- Maintain a safe, clean work environment and care for the equipment
- Possess flexibility to jump onto rush jobs or help as needed in other machining departments
Education and Experience
- High School education or equivalent
- Must have previously completed an apprenticeship or technical degree
- Those currently enrolled in a technical degree are encouraged to apply as well
- Apprenticeships available for the right candidate
If you believe you're a good fit for this position, send us your information.
Thanks for your interest in MD DESIGN & AUTOMATION
MD Design & Automation is a family ran business with opportunities for growth and advancement. We offer tuition reimbursement for those that would like to continue their education within the trade. Health insurance, retirement plan with company match, holidays and paid vacation are offered as well. We run a team environment that believes in a healthy work/life balance.
MD DESIGN & AUTOMATION is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, religion, national origin, veteran status, or on the basis of disability.